Extremely large breast tissue bothers people in many ways. Neck, back and waist pains with the effect of heaviness, and recurrent intertrigo complaints with the increase of the contact surface are the most important physical ailments, as well as significant psychosocial negative effects. Patients mostly complain of not being able to wear the clothes they want, looking overweight and having difficulty in exercising. In order to solve all these complaints, the procedure of surgically reducing and lifting the breast is called breast reduction.
- Special Healthcare Companionship
- Accommodation and Transfer
- No Hidden Costs
Book An Appointment
Please feel free to contact our friendly consultant staff with any medical enquiry. Our doctors will receive or return any urgent calls.
How is breast reduction surgery performed? How does the process proceed?
In breast reduction surgery, the excessively large breast tissue is both reduced and lifted within the drawings made before the procedure, in accordance with the patient's body. A detailed interview with the patient and a detailed physical examination are essential before the procedure, and at this stage, the patient's wishes, breast size, structure, asymmetries and the patient's general condition are evaluated. After the decision of surgery is made, preoperative mammography and / or USG should be performed according to the age of the patient and family history.
- It is possible to return to normal life in the 1st week after the operation.
- Breast reduction surgery is a safe surgical procedure.
- It has no serious systematic side effects.
- Anyone who is over the age of 18 and does not have serious additional diseases can have breast aesthetics.
- A detailed examination should be done before the operation.
- The skin turns into its own color in 6 months - 1 year.
- Breast development must be completed before an operation can be performed.
- For breast aesthetics after pregnancy, one year should be waited after breastfeeding.
- There are local risks such as wound infection and bleeding.
Our Breast Reduction Doctors
Frequently Asked Questions
For breast reduction surgery, the development of the breast must first be completed. For this, the patient should wait until the end of puberty and preferably be 18 years old. However, it is important for patients who have thought of pregnancy recently to leave breast reduction surgery after pregnancy and breastfeeding. A very important point here is the relationship between breast reduction surgery and breastfeeding. Although it varies depending on the technique, the milk glands are protected as much as possible in breast reduction surgery and breastfeeding is generally possible with a probability of 85%.
Although the lower age limit for breast reduction is generally 18, the upper age limit is not defined as long as the general health status of the patient allows.
The breast reduction surgery is a very safe operation and studies have shown that breast reduction surgery has positive effects in reducing the risk of breast cancer.
As with any surgical procedure, regional risks such as wound infection and hematoma are present, albeit low. In addition, although very rare, nutritional problems can be seen in the skin tissue after the surgery, and therefore the patient may need to be re-operated.
After breast reduction, it is sufficient for patients to spare 1 week for themselves. It is possible to return to normal life on the 7th day, and it should be avoided from heavy work and heavy sports for up to 4 weeks.
After breast reduction, the incision areas heal significantly in about 2-3 weeks, but it takes about 6 months to 1 year for the scars to fade and turn into skin color.
Dedicated Support at Every Step!
- Online Consultation and Early bookings
Our experienced team who will inform you about the doctor, quote, accommodation and additional services contacts you and an appointment date is planned according to your request.
- Physical examination & Pre operation Tests
Before surgery, there is physical consultation with surgeon and anesthesiologist. All necessary pre operation tests will be done according to type of surgery.
- Five-Star Hotel Accommodation
Medical Prime Turkey provides 5 star hotel accomodation opportunity, so you will be able to feel home comfort during your medical journey.
- 24-Hour Hospital Stay with Aftercare
You complete your hospital adventure in the most luxurious and equipped VIP rooms with our 7/24 after care service.
- Personal assistance during your stay in izmir
When you land Izmir, you will be greeted by the translator who will help you during your medical journey.
- Medical Follow-Up
Even after the surgery, we will be following your healing process. When necessary, we consult with doctors and manage the recovery professionally.
- Hospital Accompanying and Translator Services
Do not worry about language at the hospital! We offer you translator services at every stage from the consultation process to the operation / post-procedure process.
- All in city transfers Between/Hotel/Airport/Hospital with Translator
Medical Prime Turkey provides you all in city transfers between hospital/hotel/Airport with VIP car and English/German/French speaking host.
Your Medical Transportation
during the whole trip
- Airport Transportation
Transportation service from airport to hospital
- VIP Transfer
Free local transportation
- Hotel Reservation
Hotel room reservation and transportation service
- Hospital Services
Professional hospital team and services
Book An Appointment
With our experienced staff and expert team, we lend you the look of your dreams.
- Feel free to contact our experienced staff and expert team for all your questions and problems.
- Make a new start with our experienced staff and expert team.
- Take the right step for a healthy life with our experienced staff and expert team.