Revision surgery is applied to patients who have weight loss problems after bariatric surgery. The problem of losing weight usually develops as a result of the patient not following the exercise and diet program. The patient's suitability for revision surgery is checked by performing detailed examinations and tests. It is determined whether there is a situation that prevents weight loss. The doctor determines a revision surgery according to the obesity surgery of the patient. The surgical technique can be changed if the patient has stomach ailments.
- Special Healthcare Companionship
- Accommodation and Transfer
- No Hidden Costs
Book An Appointment
Please feel free to contact our friendly consultant staff with any medical enquiry. Our doctors will receive or return any urgent calls.
In Which Situations Is Revision Surgery Performed?
Revision surgery is applied to people who are unable to lose weight after gastric band, gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy, or who start to gain weight again after a short time. A second operation may be needed to eliminate technical errors arising from the first operation. This surgery is considered unsuccessful when less than 50% of the excess weight is lost at the end of 18 months after obesity surgery The most appropriate revision surgery is determined according to the operation and health status of the person.
- You are usually discharged from the hospital after 3-4 days.
- Clear liquid foods are consumed for the first 4 days.
- You can switch to foods such as soup and yoghurt after 5-6 days.
- Juicy, soft and pureed foods can be consumed after 1-4 weeks.
- After 1-3 months, boiled meat, vegetables, legumes can be consumed.
- At the end of 3 months, you will be able to consume all low-fat foods.
- You can return to your daily life about one week after the surgery.
- After you leave the hospital, your medical follow-up process continues.
Frequently Asked Questions
After the operation, patients can switch to solid nutrition usually at the end of 1 month. This period may vary depending on the type of revision surgery.
The need for vitamins varies according to the type of obesity surgery. Vitamin B12 supplementation is recommended due to decreased intrinsic factor, especially after sleeve gastrectomy and gastric bypass surgery.
Revision surgery takes an average of 1 hour if it is not a very detailed surgery. Depending on the type of revision, the operation may take up to 2 hours.
Depending on your recovery process, you can return to desk jobs that do not require physical strength 1-2 weeks after the surgery.
The most known risk in bariatric surgery is leakage in the gastrointestinal tract. This risk is minimized thanks to the precautions taken during the surgery. With regular checks after the surgery, emergency intervention can be performed in cases such as leakages.
Dedicated Support at Every Step!
- Online Consultation and Early bookings
Our experienced team who will inform you about the doctor, quote, accommodation and additional services contacts you and an appointment date is planned according to your request.
- Physical examination & Pre operation Tests
Before surgery, there is physical consultation with surgeon and anesthesiologist. All necessary pre operation tests will be done according to type of surgery.
- Five-Star Hotel Accommodation
Medical Prime Turkey provides 5 star hotel accomodation opportunity, so you will be able to feel home comfort during your medical journey.
- 24-Hour Hospital Stay with Aftercare
You complete your hospital adventure in the most luxurious and equipped VIP rooms with our 7/24 after care service.
- Personal assistance during your stay in izmir
When you land Izmir, you will be greeted by the translator who will help you during your medical journey.
- Medical Follow-Up
Even after the surgery, we will be following your healing process. When necessary, we consult with doctors and manage the recovery professionally.
- Hospital Accompanying and Translator Services
Do not worry about language at the hospital! We offer you translator services at every stage from the consultation process to the operation / post-procedure process.
- All in city transfers Between/Hotel/Airport/Hospital with Translator
Medical Prime Turkey provides you all in city transfers between hospital/hotel/Airport with VIP car and English/German/French speaking host.
Your Medical Transportation
during the whole trip
- Airport Transportation
Transportation service from airport to hospital
- VIP Transfer
Free local transportation
- Hotel Reservation
Hotel room reservation and transportation service
- Hospital Services
Professional hospital team and services
Book An Appointment
With our experienced staff and expert team, we lend you the look of your dreams.
- Feel free to contact our experienced staff and expert team for all your questions and problems.
- Make a new start with our experienced staff and expert team.
- Take the right step for a healthy life with our experienced staff and expert team.