Transit Bipartition is a surgical method used in the treatment of obesity and type 2 diabetes. It is an operation based on the reduction of stomach volume and the passage of food through two different intestinal tracts. In the first stage of the operation, classical sleeve gastrectomy surgery is performed. In the second stage the lower part of the small intestine is connected to the lower part of the stomach, opening a new route for nutrients. This method, which accelerates the digestion of food, also reduces the amount of sugar mixed into the blood.
- Special Healthcare Companionship
- Accommodation and Transfer
- No Hidden Costs
Book An Appointment
Please feel free to contact our friendly consultant staff with any medical enquiry. Our doctors will receive or return any urgent calls.
How is Transit Bipartition Performed?
Transit Bipartition begins with stomach reduction surgery. During this procedure called sleeve gastrectomy, 80% of the stomach is removed. The incisions are closed by stapling and the risk of leakage is prevented. 100 or 120 cm are measured from the point where the small intestine meets the large intestine and marked. From this point, another 150 cm is measured and the small intestine is cut at 250 cm away from the junction point. The connection to the small intestine is provided under the remaining part of the stomach. Approximately 1/3 of the nutrients pass through the duodenum, which is the natural way, and 2/3 of them pass through the newly formed small intestine.
- After Transit Bipartition, type 2 diabetes is controlled without medication.
- Compared to other obesity surgeries, the need for vitamins and minerals is less after the procedure.
- The weight loss process continues effectively for 5-8 years after the surgery.
- If exercise and diet are not neglected in the future, healthy body dimensions can be maintained.
- Thanks to this operation, you will get rid of your excess weight by 80% in the long run.
- If the treatment process is supported with exercise and healthy nutrition programs, positive results can be obtained in a short time.
Header missing from Strapi
Frequently Asked Questions
After the operation, patients can switch to solid nutrition usually at the end of 1 month. It is important that foods are boiled, fat-free and chewed well. At the end of the 3rd month, low-fat solid foods can be consumed.
You need to take vitamin and mineral supplements after surgery. Your doctor will determine your vitamin medications during the regular checks.
It has been proven that patients with Type 2 diabetes improve their diabetes with the weight loss process after Transit Bipartition surgery.
Two weeks after the operation, it is possible to return to desk jobs that do not require physical strength. However, it is necessary to avoid movements that will put pressure on the stitches.
There are no risk factors specific to the surgery. However, as with any surgery, there is a very low risk of infection. This risk can be reduced by the precautions taken during and after the surgery.
Dedicated Support at Every Step!
- Online Consultation and Early bookings
Our experienced team who will inform you about the doctor, quote, accommodation and additional services contacts you and an appointment date is planned according to your request.
- Physical examination & Pre operation Tests
Before surgery, there is physical consultation with surgeon and anesthesiologist. All necessary pre operation tests will be done according to type of surgery.
- Five-Star Hotel Accommodation
Medical Prime Turkey provides 5 star hotel accomodation opportunity, so you will be able to feel home comfort during your medical journey.
- 24-Hour Hospital Stay with Aftercare
You complete your hospital adventure in the most luxurious and equipped VIP rooms with our 7/24 after care service.
- Personal assistance during your stay in izmir
When you land Izmir, you will be greeted by the translator who will help you during your medical journey.
- Medical Follow-Up
Even after the surgery, we will be following your healing process. When necessary, we consult with doctors and manage the recovery professionally.
- Hospital Accompanying and Translator Services
Do not worry about language at the hospital! We offer you translator services at every stage from the consultation process to the operation / post-procedure process.
- All in city transfers Between/Hotel/Airport/Hospital with Translator
Medical Prime Turkey provides you all in city transfers between hospital/hotel/Airport with VIP car and English/German/French speaking host.
Your Medical Transportation
during the whole trip
- Airport Transportation
Transportation service from airport to hospital
- VIP Transfer
Free local transportation
- Hotel Reservation
Hotel room reservation and transportation service
- Hospital Services
Professional hospital team and services
Book An Appointment
With our experienced staff and expert team, we lend you the look of your dreams.
- Feel free to contact our experienced staff and expert team for all your questions and problems.
- Make a new start with our experienced staff and expert team.
- Take the right step for a healthy life with our experienced staff and expert team.